1. To Install Windows XP you need to use Floppy disk or slipstream.
You can refer the guide here: Slipstreaming Guide To install Windows XP
You are recomend to install:
1. Windows XP SP2
2. Install Netframework 2.0 before driver installation.
There are 3 Intel installation, install all of them.
1.Intel Chipset Installation Utility v22.214.171.1240 (HM55)
2. Intel Turbo Boost v126.96.36.1992
3. MEI - Intel Management Interface
(choose base on your specs or try which work)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
ATI Mobility HD5430/ mobility 530v
Intel HD Graphic Driver (i3, i5 and i7)
Realtek (ALC269) High Definition Audio v188.8.131.5239
Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller
Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module v184.108.40.206
Realtek RTS5138 Card Reader
Synaptics TouchPad Driver
Broadcom wireless bcm43xx v220.127.116.11
[IF THE DRIVER ABOVE WORK YOU DON"T NEED THIS DRIVER PACK]
You can also download this pack provided by: SLUK
This driver pack already tested and worked with his model. You need to manually install certain driver instead of direct installation especially for the VGA.
1.Download all part, put it in one folder, and extract the file no1:
Download pack part 1
Download pack part 2
Download pack part 3
Download pack part 4
Download pack part 5
Download pack part 6
2. All part is 100mb in size each excpet part 6 which is 45mb.
3. This pack contain the following drivers:
- Atheros AR813-AR815x-v18.104.22.168_WHQL LAN Adapter
- SX2210-Monitor_Webcam SW RC1.1 WebCam Driver & Applications
- R255591 Synaptics TouchPad
- Realtek RTS5138 Card Reader 6.1.7600
- DW1501 22.214.171.124 WiFi Adapter
- Realtek ALC269Q-GR WDM_HD Audio R249 126.96.36.19932
- ATI Display Apps Utilities
- ATI Catalyst 10.6 Drivers Modified for Mobility HD 5470
- ATI HDMI DP Audio Driver 10.6_XP32-64
- BT365 Bluetooth Driver Application
1. It using catalyst 10.6
2. HDMI audio comes with catalyst
3. Webcam driver included
Battery cannot be recognize under XP, this is an unresolved issue, you also need to disable "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" from Device Manager or else your CPU will keep a 20 - 25% loading at all time. No XP Quickset driver for any HM55/57 chipset laptop from Dell. Only AHCI driver needed slipstream, others can install after the OS installation.
Need to mention here is this N4010 model comes with different graphics:
1) ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
2) ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
3) ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v
4) Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD
It could be any of the above, so you need to try which work for you. If you still have problems leave your comments.